MBBS | BDS


  Contact : 9446556455 , 7558067777

Mission-of-Ivane-Javakhishvili-Tbilisi-State-University

Mission of Ivane Javakhishvili, Tbilisi State University

Tbilisi State University or TSU), is a university established on 8 February 1918 in Tbilisi, Georgia. Excluding academies and theological seminaries which have intermittently functioned in Georgia for centuries, TSU is the oldest university in Georgia and the Caucasus region. Over 18,000 students are enrolled and the total number of faculty and staff (collaborators) is 5,000.

The university has five branches in the regions of Georgia, six faculties, 60 scientific-research laboratories and centers, a scientific library (with 3,700,000 books and periodicals), seven museums, publishing house and printing press

TSU has six faculties: Law, Economics and Business, Humanities, Medicine, Social and Political Sciences, Exact and Natural Sciences and the International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University as an autonomous graduate school of economics.

The history of higher medical education originates from October 1918 when the Faculty of Medicine was established at the Tbilisi State University. Since May 1919, by decision of the Board of Professors, the Medical Faculty continued to exist as an independent unit until 1930 when the Tbilisi State Medical Institute was founded on the basis of the Medical Faculty.

In 1995, higher medical education was restored at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, first at the Faculty of Biology and Medicine as medical specialization, and in 2000 as an independent faculty.

The faculty runs one-tier academic programs for physicians and dentists. Since 2006, within the framework of TEMPUS project, there has been operating a new bachelor program in occupational therapy in full accordance with the Bologna Process and Tuning Methodology. In clinical and theoretical departments of the faculty, teaching process is conducted in the leading medical institutions. Distinguished students receive professional training in Germany, at the academic study clinics of the Universities of Leipzig and Dresden.

The faculty is running alternative to residency post-diploma academic programs, as well as Master’s (Public Health, Epidemiology and Biostatistics) and Doctoral programs.