MBBS | BDS


  Contact : 9446556455 , 7558067777

All Posts in Category: Philipines

emilio-aguinaldo-college-school-of-medicine-manila

Emilio Aguinaldo College. School of Medicine – Manila

THE STORY BEYOND DREAMS
The story of Emilio Aguinaldo College begins with a man who envisions the Filipino youth to be totally educated and trained through arts, sciences and technology. That man, Dr. Paulo C. Campos, one of the very few Filipino National Scientists noted for his work on nuclear medicine, has been recognized and awarded for his numerous researches and publications. He is also credited for establishing the first and best known Radioisotope Laboratory in the Philippines, the first Research Laboratory in the Department of Medicine, University of the Philippines and the Thyroid Clinic of the UP-PGH Medical Center.

REALIZATION OF THE DREAM
It was in 1957 when the Marian School of Midwifery, the forerunner of Emilio Aguinaldo College, was established under the management of Marian Clinics, Inc. Two years after Dr. Crisanto S. Vito Cruz and Gregorio T. Delgado together with Mrs. Lolita R. Vito Cruz established the first Medical Secretarial School in the Philippines, the founding of the Marian School of Nursing and Midwifery immediately followed. In 1973, the University Physicians’ Services Incorporated (UPSI) took over the school management. From Marian School of Nursing and Midwifery, its name was changed to Marian Junior College. Its level was elevated to full-fledged College with new courses being offered such as Food Service and Technology and the Dietetic Internship Program. After a year, Medical Arts and Photography (innovative academic program) and the four-year Bachelor of Science in Secretarial Administration earned government recognition. College of Arts and Sciences was added to the list of colleges in 1976, offering Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science programs. Both Bachelor of Science in Nursing and BSN Supplemental Course were also given government recognition, thus, establishing the College of Nursing. Marian College began building the first school units at Dasmariñas, Cavite in 1977 to support the government’s policy on dispersal and decongestion of student population in Metro Manila particularly in institutions of higher learning. The policy also aimed to introduce regional development and the democratization of opportunities in the rural areas. In September 1977, the name Marian College was changed to General Emilio Aguinaldo College, to apply to both Manila and Cavite campuses. This was in consonance with the new direction of the government in recognizing and honoring national heroes. Eventually, the title “General” was dropped. All courses offered in Manila were given permit to be offered in Cavite, with the addition of BS Criminology, Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Arts in Education and Master of Science in Nursing. EAC Manila offered BSN Supplemental for graduates in Nursing (GN), who wanted to pursue Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and BS Foods and Nutrition and Industrial Cafeteria Management. On the other hand, Cavite campus offered technical courses in Agricultural Technology, Electrical and Electronics Technology and Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology. In October 21, 1979, EAC Foundation Inc. was established at Dasmariñas, Cavite, thus giving birth to the Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine with Dr. Lourdes E. Campos as Dean. In Manila, the College of Business Administration was given permit to operate. In 1980, UPSI formed the Yaman Lahi Foundation, Inc. to manage and operate Manila and Cavite campuses. Within the next five years, the focus was on curricular program development, which paved way to more courses being given government recognition. The College of Medicine and the University Medical Center of EAC Cavite was sold to De La Salle University, now known as DLSU Dasmariñas. After that, the EAC administration focused on the development of EAC- Manila.

Read More
lyceum-northwestern-university-college-of-medicine

Lyceum North western College

THE BEGINNING

1969

  • Lyceum-Northwestern University was founded by Dr. Francisco Quimson Duque and Mrs. Florencia Tiongson Duque.
  • L-NU started as a single-room nursing school at the Dagupan City Polyclinic Hospital and was then called the Dagupan City School of Nursing. The school had an initial population of 94.

    Dagupan City School of Nursing building at Polyclinic Hospital

1972

  • Graduation of the first batch with a 98.2% passing percentage in the Nursing Board Exams of 1972.

THE EXPANSION

  • Dagupan City School of Nursing moved to Tapuac District and changed name to Lyceum of Dagupan City.
  • New Courses: Pre-Nursing, Liberal Arts, Medical Secretarial Science, Radiologic Technology and Medical Technology.

THE MERGER

1974

  • Acquisition of the Northern Educational Institution
  • From the merger emerged the name Lyceum Northwestern (LN)
  • New courses: B.S. Elementary Education, Junior Secretarial and Master of Arts in Education
    Old Lyceum Northwestern Building

THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE FIRST MEDICAL SCHOOL OF THE NORTH

  • Lyceum Northwestern led a consortium of local tertiary schools and founded the Northern Philippines Institute of Medicine. LN became the “first medical school of the north” which began with an enrollment of 19 students.

ESTABLISHMENT OF THE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE

1975

  • The College of Agriculture was established in a 132-hectare farmland in Lobong, San Jacinto, Pangasinan. It opened courses in B.S. Agricultural Education, B.S. Agriculture majors in Agronomy and Animal Husbandry,a Two-Year Agricultural Technology and an Agricultural High School.

ASSUMPTION OF THE SECOND PRESIDENT

1976

  • Passing of the first president and assumption of Mrs.Florencia T. Duque as LN’s 2nd president.
  • Dissolution of the consortium and the acquisition of the medical school which was renamed as Francisco Q. Duque Medical Foundation College of Medicine.

1977-1978

  • Atty. Gonzalo T, Duque was appointed at Executive Director and subsequently as Executive Vice President. The other Duque children served as Board of Trustees.
  • Establishment of the first student council
  • Establishment of ULNOS, the first student publication
  • Establishment of the Drum and Bugle Corps

1979

  • New courses: Dentistry, Physical Therapy, Radiologic Technology
  • L-N Business School was established
  • The Nursing Department became College of Nursing

1980

  • The College of Medicine garnered the distinction of having 100% passing percentage in the 1980 Medical Board Examination

1983

  • The FQD Medical Foundation College of Medicine was recognized as the third best medical school in the Philippines and was ranked no.5 worldwide based from the 1982 Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates Exam Results (ECFMG) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA (published in the International Herald Tribune, May 20, 1983)
  • L-N opened in 2nd semester SY 1983-1984 to the public course offerings on Computer Systems Education. The offerings included three (3) courses on Computer Programming and one (1) course on System Design and Analysis.

 

A HIGHLY CALIBRATED MANAGING DIRECTOR; L-N’S INITIAL ACCREDITATION

1986

  • Appointment of Mr. Cesar T. Duque, one of the founders’ sons who obtained his M.B.A. from Harvard University in Boston, U.S.A., as Managing Director.
  • LN submitted its application for accreditation to the Philippine Accrediting Agency for three programs (Liberal Arts, Commerce and Education)
  • Mr. Cesar T. Duque laid down the foundation of the Creative Montessori Science High School
    Lyceum Northwestern Francisco (FR) Building


THE SCHOOL TURNED 20

1989

  • LN celebrated its 20th year of existence in festivities held in September
  • This year marked the influx of 2,500 freshmen in the campus, an institute covering twenty (20) courses, seven thousand (7,000) students in two (2) campuses
  • Construction of the L-N General Hospital, St. Jude Chapel and Tennis Court.

THE THIRD PRESIDENT

1990

  • Death of the 2nd president and the assumption of Dr. Salvador T. Duque as 3rd president
  • The other Duque children namely Drs. Nieva T, Duque Salva, Grace T. Duque Dizon, Luz T. Duque Hammershaimb, and Cristina T. Duque served as Trustees.
  • LN became active in Dagupan City’s socio-civic activities under Dr. Salvador’s presidency who founded, with other distinguished civic leaders, the Metro Dagupan City Civilian Reconstruction Fund Incorporated (MDCCRFI), an umbrella organization of all civic clubs in the city whose concern was to help in the rehabilitation of Dagupan City which was devastated by the July 16 killer quake.

1994

  • LN earned its Level I Accreditation Status from the Federation of Accrediting Agencies of the Philippines (FAAP) through the Philippine Accrediting Association for Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU)
  • New courses: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Medical Engineering and BS Marine Transportation and Engineering.

THE FOURTH PRESIDENT:

Leadership of renewed trust and dynamism

1998

  • Dr. Salvador T. Duque relinquished his presidency to Atty. Gonzalo T. Duque, a seasoned public servant who was the former Vice Governor of Pangasinan and former POEA Deputy Administrator (August 17)

1999

  • LN clinched the Level II Accreditation Status covering the colleges of Medical Technology, Arts and Sciences, Education and Commerce through PAASCU (April 16)

2001

  • Inauguration of the LN Urdaneta Campus on June 15
  • Lyceum-Northwestern is cited by PRC as Top No. 3 School with Exemplary Performance in the Pharmacy Board Exam (Bracket B 10-5 Examinees) and Top 4 performing school in the Department of Midwifery (Category B). Nina Joy Perez of the RadTech Department is number one in the national board examination.
  • The LN Guidance Center is declared the Most Functional Guidance Office in the Region.
  • LN was granted the BS EN ISO 9001:1994 Certificate of Excellence by the UKAS Quality Management and the Anglo-Japanese American Registrars (August 24)
  • LN was elevated to university level through an en banc resolution by the Commission of Higher Education (CHED) Chairperson Ester Albano Garcia and her Commissioners Hadja Roquaiya Manlangit, Manuel D. Punzal, and Carlito S. Puno.
  • Atty. Gonzalo T. Duque was sworn into honor and authority as University President by Her Excellency Gloria Macapagal Arroyo in the institution’s Conferment and Investiture Ceremony.
  • L-NU was declared the “Millenium University of Region I”

2002

  • Acquisition of the Asia Career College housing L-NU’s College of Law, Midwifery, VocTech and Caregiver Course

2003

  • LNU earned the ISO Certificate 9001:2000 (November 25)
  • LNU was granted Deregulated Status by the CHED ceremonially conferred to Atty. Gonzalo T. Duque by Her Excellency Gloria Macapagal Arroyo in Malacanang (November 28)
  • L-NU as an Outstanding Institution of Learning given in Manila by the Consumers Union of the Philippines in July
  • The College of Pharmacy is declared top number three school by the Philippine Regulations Commission.

2004

  • LNU sends Tourism and Engineering graduating students to Singapore for their on-the-job training
  • The College of Nursing, LNU’s biggest department, produced a seventh placer in the national board examination

2006

  • L-NU is delighted to receive the Top No. 3 School Award for its College of Pharmacy as provided by the Philippine Regulatory Commission (PRC) for garnering 92 percent in the 2006 National Board Examinations.
  • In February, the Philippine Medical Association of Georgia, the Regional Medical Center and L-NU held what is adjudged as the biggest medical mission, which created an impact in the Pangasinan Community.
  • LNU ladderized its curricula in BS Nursing, BS Computer Science, BS Tourism, BS Hotel and Restaurant Management

2007

  • The College of Tourism sent five (5) students to the United States of America for their OJT

2008

  • L-NU, through its Research Development and Management Office, is the first HEI able to publish in the ACADEME: Journal of Leadership and Management in Higher Education, a refereed journal published by the International Association of the University Presidents based at SIAM University, Bangkok, Thailand.
  • The College of Tourism sent eighteen (18) students to the United States of America for their OJT
  • L-NU is awarded by PRC as Top 2 School with exemplary performance in the January 2008 Pharmacy Licensure Exams. The College of Pharmacy earned 100% passing rate for first timers with an overall rating of 92%
  • L-NU is one of the 2008 awardees of the First National Service Training Program “Green Philippines” Awards (Search for the Best Environmental Program) for spearheading a sustainable environmental program
  • L-NU is awarded 2nd Most Outstanding Center for Human Rights Education during the 6th Anniversary Celebration for the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
  • L-NU is awarded 1st Runner-Up in Best Practices in Human Rights Education. The award was given at the San Juan de Letran last December 8, 2008

2009

  • L-NU signs Memorandum of Agreement with the CHED Zonal Research Center (Region I and CAR) for the conduct of a Php 825,00 full grant research on the “Matching Teaching Styles of Instructors with the Learning Styles of Students: Its Relation to Academic Performance of Teacher Education Institutions on Region I and CAR.”
  • L-NU College of Tourism sent twenty four (24) Tourism students to the United states of America for their OJT
  • L-NU established linkage with TESDA in the implementation of the Pangulong Gloria Scholarship (PGS) and constructed a new pre-fabricated building to house the PGS Trainees
  • L-NU, through its Research Office, won as Regional Qualifier in the CHED 2009 Republica Awards, the only HEI in Region I that was awarded such distinction and for this, the L-NU research team was awarded a cash prize of Php 25,000
  • L-NU’s Research and Development Management Office is certified by CHED Zonal Research Center (ZRC) as one of the top 5 Most Active Research Units in Region I.
  • L-NU earned its Level I (Candidate) Accreditation Status from the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities-Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) for its Master of Arts in Education and Master in Public Administration

2010

  • L-NU is accredited by International Organization for Standardization (ISO 9001:2008) for its Research and Development and its Academic Programs supervised by CHED and TESDA. L-NU is the only research institution accredited by ISO
  • L-NU was granted its renewal of Deregulated Status by the Commission on Higher Education
  • L-NU College of Pharmacy was elevated to a Center of Development (COD) by virtue of its PRC recognition for six times as top performing school of Pharmacy in the Philippines
  • L-NU earned its Level II Reaccreditation Status from the Philippine Accrediting Association for Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) for the following programs: Bachelor of Science in Biology, Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Bachelor of Arts in English, Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship and Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
  • The Pangasinan Research team, headed by Dr. Gonzalo T. Duque and the L-NU Research Office as secretariat, tasked by the Gov. Amado T. Espino, Jr. to study the date of the chartering of Pangasinan as a political unit, has presented its findings which ended with the official declaration of Pangasinan’s Founding Day on April 5, 1580
  • Death of Dr. Salvador T. Duque, president emeritus of L-NU and the eldest son of the founders

2011

  • The newly renovated and enhanced gymnasium was dedicated in honor of the late Dr. Salvador T. Duque and was named as the Dr. Salvador T. Duque Fieldhouse”
  • L-NU College of Tourism sent nine (9) Tourism students to the United States of America for their OJT
  • L-NU received its Certificate of Accreditation (Level II) from the Philippine Accrediting Association for Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) for the Elementary and Secondary Education Programs
Read More
saint-paul-university-tuguegarao

Saintpaul university , tuguegarao city

St. Paul University Philippines (SPUP) was founded on May 10, 1907, as Colegio de San Pablo, by the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres, (Mother Ephrem Marie Fieu, Sr. Suzanne du Sacre Coeur Cran, Sr. Agnes de Sainte Anne Couplan, and Sr. Jeanne de St. Louis Bourrelly, Sr. Marie Angeline Acau and Postulant Sr. Ste. Foy de Sacre Coeur Sacramento) who came to Cagayan Valley upon the invitation of Bishop Dennis Dougherty. The school’s name was changed to Colegio del Sagrado Corazon de Jesus in 1909, then to Sacred Heart of Jesus Institution (SHOJI) in 1925. The school started in a Spanish Convento, adjoining the Cathedral, but due to increase of enrollment and curricular expansion, the community moved to the Colegio de San Jacinto and its grounds in 1934 (where the University stands today) which the SPC Sisters acquired from the Dominican Order.

The school served as military garrison and hospital of the Japanese forces in 1941. The entire complex was razed to the ground during the Liberation. In 1948, the school undertook the initiative of being the first Teacher-Training Institution in Cagayan Valley, as it assumed the name St. Paul College of Tuguegarao (SPCT). With the opening of college degrees, the school became the first accredited institution in the region by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) in 1961. However, the entire complex was reduced into ashes on January 18, 1965. Despite the challenges and like a gold tested in fire, SPUP became the first University and Catholic University in Cagayan Valley in 1982.

Read More
cebu-institute-of-medicine-cebu

Cebu Doctors’ University College – Cebu

HISTORY
After successfully establishing Cebu Doctors’ Hospital, its core founders conceived the opening of a school of medicine as another venue of service that may have a significant effect and contribution to the welfare and progress of the nation.

Through hard work and sheer determination, the Board of Directors of Cebu Doctors’ Hospital unselfishly devoted their time to secure from the then Ministry of Education, Culture, and Sports, a permit to operate a medical school later called Cebu Doctors’ College of Medicine.

On April 21, 1977, Cebu Doctors’ College of Medicine (CDCM) incorporation papers were signed and its status as a non-stock, non-profit foundation was approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission on December 21, 1977.

CDCM formally opened its doors as a medical institution in June of Academic Year 1977-1978. Out of the numerous applicants, only eighty pioneer freshmen were accepted. Since then, its Board of Trustees has pursued a program of expansion which continues to this date enabling CDCM to grow and earn its mark as one of the best medical schools in the country.

On November 23, 2004, Cebu Doctors’ College of Medicine officially became Cebu Doctors’ University College of Medicine, with the acronym CDU-CM, after Cebu Doctors’ College was granted University Status by the Commission on Higher Education.

VISION
Cebu Doctors’ University College of Medicine envisions compleat physicians who provide optimum care to the patient, family, and community, and who continue to grow holistically through evidence-based scientific investigations while maintaining moral and ethical standards.

MISSION
Cebu Doctors’ University College of Medicine is committed to produce not only excellent and dedicated health care providers who render preventive, curative, and rehabilitative care, but also educators, social mobilizers, managers, and researchers with the investigative attitude and skills for clinical and applied research. These physicians will be leaders responsive to the dynamic global demands and imbued with compassion, as well as moral and ethical consciousness.

Read More
cebu-doctors-university-college-mandaue

Cebu Doctors’ University College – Mandaue

HISTORY
After successfully establishing Cebu Doctors’ Hospital, its core founders conceived the opening of a school of medicine as another venue of service that may have a significant effect and contribution to the welfare and progress of the nation.

Through hard work and sheer determination, the Board of Directors of Cebu Doctors’ Hospital unselfishly devoted their time to secure from the then Ministry of Education, Culture, and Sports, a permit to operate a medical school later called Cebu Doctors’ College of Medicine.

On April 21, 1977, Cebu Doctors’ College of Medicine (CDCM) incorporation papers were signed and its status as a non-stock, non-profit foundation was approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission on December 21, 1977.

CDCM formally opened its doors as a medical institution in June of Academic Year 1977-1978. Out of the numerous applicants, only eighty pioneer freshmen were accepted. Since then, its Board of Trustees has pursued a program of expansion which continues to this date enabling CDCM to grow and earn its mark as one of the best medical schools in the country.

On November 23, 2004, Cebu Doctors’ College of Medicine officially became Cebu Doctors’ University College of Medicine, with the acronym CDU-CM, after Cebu Doctors’ College was granted University Status by the Commission on Higher Education.

VISION
Cebu Doctors’ University College of Medicine envisions compleat physicians who provide optimum care to the patient, family, and community, and who continue to grow holistically through evidence-based scientific investigations while maintaining moral and ethical standards.

MISSION
Cebu Doctors’ University College of Medicine is committed to produce not only excellent and dedicated health care providers who render preventive, curative, and rehabilitative care, but also educators, social mobilizers, managers, and researchers with the investigative attitude and skills for clinical and applied research. These physicians will be leaders responsive to the dynamic global demands and imbued with compassion, as well as moral and ethical consciousness.

Read More
our-lady-of-fatima-university

Our Lady of Fatima University

The year 1967, marked the auspicious beginnings of what is to become a premier educational institution in the country particularly in the field of medicine, nursing, and paramedical courses. It all started when Jose C. Olivares, a chemistry professor by vocation but with strong entrepreneurial spirit, and his son-in-law, Dr. Vicente M. Santos, an obstetrician, founded the Our Lady of Fatima Hospital in 1967. It soon became the primary provider of medical services to the residents of Valenzuela and its neighboring towns. With a vision of creating medical complex that will be a training center for competent health care providers, Mr. Olivares created the Fatima Medical Science Foundation Inc., and initially established the Our Lady of Fatima College of Nursing in 1973.

More curricular programs were added in the 1970s including courses in Midwifery, Chemistry, and Veterinary Medicine. More buildings were erected to accommodate the rapidly growing student populace.
In June 1979, the Fatima College of Medicine welcomed its pioneer batch of medical students with Dean Filemon T. Gozum, M.D. at the helm of the academic program. Underscoring its civic and humanitarian calling, the Fatima Medical Science Foundation Inc., established the Leonora Juzgaya Scholarship Grant, which bestows free tuition, board and lodging and textbooks to financially challenged but academically gifted medical students.

Through the years, the Our Lady of Fatima University has responded to the rapid changes in medical science and technology and the social milieu through constant modernization of its facilities and continuing development of its faculty. From the 1980s through the 1990s the country witnessed the development of OLFU with the inclusion of other courses and programs such as Physical Therapy, Hotel & Restaurant Management, Computer Studies, Maritime Education and Criminology.

Read More
university-of-northern-philippines

University of Northern Philippines

The University of Northern Philippines holds the distinction of being the first state university in Northern Luzon. It was created through the enactment of Republic Act 4449 authored by the late Congressman FLORO S. CRISOLOGO. Approved on 19 June 1965, the Act converted the Ilocos Sur School of Arts and Trades, in the municipality of Vigan, province of Ilocos Sur, into this University.

The governance of this University is vested in a Board of Regents. The first board was constituted on October 14, 1965.

The origin of this University can be traced through the following dates:

· 1906 – Establishment of Vigan High School (now the Ilocos Sur National High School).

· 1910 – The shop department of Vigan High School was converted into a separate intermediate level school which became the Vigan Trade School.

· 1927 – The Vigan Trade School opened its secondary level and had its first graduates in 1931.

· 1931 – The Vigan Trade School became the Ilocos Sur Trade School.

· 1941 – The School was converted into a regional trade school by the late President Manuel L. Quezon through the help of Assemblyman Benito Soliven and Governor Pedro Singson Reyes. The Second World War, however, prevented its implementation.

· 1951 – The Ilocos Sur Trade School was converted into the Northern Luzon School of Arts and Trades through Republic Act 647.

· 1960 – The General Appropriations Act of 1960 (R.A. 2700) converted Northern Luzon School of Arts and Trades back to Ilocos Sur School of Arts and Trades.

· 1965 – Republic Act 4449 authored by the late Congressman Floro Crisologo made the Ilocos Sur School of Arts and Trades, the University of Northern Philippines.

· October 14, 1965 – The first State University of the North started implementing its charter.

· 1989 – Integration of the Candon Community College into the University of Northern Philippines through R.A. 6744, sponsored by Congressman Eric D. Singson.

· 2010 – Separation and conversion of the University of Northern Philippines Candon Campus to North Luzon Philippine State College through

Read More
Davao-medical-school-foundation

Davao Medical School Foundation

The Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) was established in July 1976 in response to the recognition of the lack of doctors serving rural communities and lack of specialist in urban centers of Mindanao. Its College of Medicine was thus the first such college to be set up in Mindanao and is dedicated to providing medical education and training of the highest order, leading to the provision of effective medical care in both rural and urban communities.

A consortium, the members of which are the Ateneo de Davao University, Broken shire Memorial Hospital, the Development of Peoples’ Foundation, San Pedro Hospital and San Pedro College, operates the Foundation. It is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as a non-stock, non-profit organization and is approved by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). In addition to the College of Medicine, DMSF operates a College of Dentistry, an Institute of Primary Health Care (IPHC) and a Center for Education, Research and Development in Health (CERDH).

The school is located on a 2.5 hectare site close to the center of Davao City, which boasts of a stable climate, both in terms of its weather and its politics. There are five universities within the boundaries of the City as well as several schools and colleges. Students are affiliated to the Davao Medical Center, the Davao Doctors Hospitals , San Pedro Hospital and Broken shire Memorial Hospital for their clinical rotations in the third and fourth years of their courses.

Read More
Angeles-University-Foundation

Angeles university foundation

VISION
Inspired by the teachings and tradition of the Catholic Church, the Angeles University Foundation envisions to emerge as a Center of excellence in instruction, research, and community extension services in the region and in the global community.

MISSION
To realize its vision, the University is committed to the Total development of man for God and Humanity.

GOALS

Guided by its vision and mission, the University aims to:

  • Provide competent and dedicated faculty, state-of-the-art facilities and relevant curricular programs responsive to the dynamically changing local and international environment;
  • Develop committed leaders and professionals in various fields of endeavor, imbued with genuine concern for the improvement of the quality of human life and of society in general;
  • Initiate research and community extension projects that are geared toward societal transformation; and
  • Promote quality education that will impart knowledge and inculcate sound moral values as it fosters love of God, country and fellowmen.
Read More
AMA--college-of-medicine

AMA college of medicine

AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM) is the medical school of AMA Education System (AMAES). It is housed in AMA College Makati, which is strategically located at the heart of Makati City, the Philippines’ financial and business capital where the highest concentration of multinational, transnational and local corporations and international organizations and embassies hold their offices. The AMASOM office is at the 8th floor of AMA College Makati, which is located at 5486 South Superhighway, Bangkal, Makati City.

AMASOM has several facilities that are used for enhancement of students’ clinical and practical skills including laboratories for Histology, Gross Anatomy, Microbiology, Parasitology, and Pathology. Students perform hands-on dissection of cadavers in Gross Anatomy. These facilities as well as classrooms for Medicine students are situated at the 7th floor of the AMA One Building.
AMASOM aims to produce competent medical practitioners who are educated on an innovative case-based curriculum that will develop students to become self-directed and lifelong learners – qualities that will prepare them for professional practice. This is a hybrid curriculum designed to synchronize the basic science concepts and to utilize case-based scenarios to integrate concepts related to the basic science disciplines. The clinical disciplines are integrated vertically using a problem-based learning strategy to integrate concepts in the clinical disciplines. The AMA Medical Curriculum incorporates Information Technology-based capabilities to enhance learning and assessments, as this is strength that is offered by AMAES.

The four-year curriculum equips the students with clinical reasoning, problem-solving and critical thinking skills with emphasis on interdisciplinary and life-long learning. The first three years provide the students with an integrated understanding of the basic and clinical sciences in the classroom and community settings. The fourth year of the curriculum is devoted to the application of the basic and clinical concepts in actual clinical and community settings.

Selected subjects which include ethical and legal aspects of the practice of medicine, epidemiologic and health research programs and the practice of profession enhance the medical curriculum.

Read More